Ingredients (serves 2) – Cook time: 10 minutes
- 3/4 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 pound asparagus spears (trimmed)
- 2 salmon filets
- 1/8 cup blackberry fruit spread (for natural), jam or preserves otherwise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon each smoked paprika and cumin
- salt and pepper
1. Heat brother in a large saucepan over Medium-low heat. Once it starts to simmer add asparagus and top with salmon filets. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook for 8 minutes.
2. While the dish is cooking mix together the remaining ingredients, and start the broiler.
3. After the 8 minutes remove saucepan from heat. Spread jam mixture over filets and place under broiled for 2 minutes (to let glaze bubble.) Serve.