- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 lb roasted Brussels sprouts, thinly sliced (quick: use food processor)
- 1 whole wheat pizza crust, thawed (I use Trader Joes)
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 small skinless grilled chicken breast (about 6 ounces), chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 425°F or as high as it goes.
2. In a medium skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion and garlic until onion is soft and golden brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Combine onion mixture with Brussels sprouts in a large mixing bowl.
3. Place dough onto a pizza stone or large baking sheet and kneed out. Spread tomato sauce over crust and top with Brussels sprout mixture, sprinkle with pepper.
4. Bake for approx. 20 minutes, when crust starts to brown.
5. Top with chicken and bake until crust is crisp and lightly browned, about 5 more minutes. Then sprinkle with Parmesan and bake for another 3 minutes.
6. Remove pizza from oven and sprinkle with extra cheese (optional.) Cut into square pieces and serve.