- 12 ounces penne rigate (ridged)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- salt and pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne 5 minutes less than al dente. Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes. Add shrimp and snow peas; cook 2 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
2. Add oil, lemon juice, garlic, and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water to pasta mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and toss. Mix in feta and mint- use more pasta water as needed. Serve.