Carving a pumpkin for Halloween? Make Pumpkin Butter with your leftover pumpkin guts. Butter can be used like jam and is great on toast!
- 3.5 cups pumpkin guts, puréed OR canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cups apple juice (fresh is best)
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
If making pumpkin purée fresh:
1. Remove seeds from pumpkin and put aside. Then use hands/sharp spoon to remove pumpkin guts and purée them in food processor.
2. Put all ingredients in medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
3. Turn heat down to low and let mixture simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Transfer thickened mixture to jar and refrigerate until ready to eat.
* Let mixture simmer until thickened. May take more than 30 minutes.