I love this recipe because it’s easy to make, you can substitute for any ingredients you like, and it actually takes like Chinese fried rice. I recently discovered Coconut Aminos and now I don’t think I will ever use Soy sauce again. Not only is it Paleo friendly (soy-free) but there is a lot less sodium as well. Also great with sushi!
Other suggested ingredients: eggplant and/or squash instead of broccoli
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/4 onion chopped
- 1 cup kale (chopped)
- 1/2 cup broccoli (chopped)
- 3 Portobello mushroom caps (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 scrambled eggs (optional)
1. Cook quinoa according to package.
2. Cook mushrooms in a small skillet.
3. While mushrooms are cooking heat broth in a large wok. Add garlic and broccoli. When they start to soften add onions. Cook until liquid is almost evaporated.
4. Stir in mushrooms (cooked), kale and Coconut Aminos. Mix until all is coated.
5. Mix in scrambled eggs (optional).