Now that Fall is officially here I decided to start cooking all the delicious and lumpy fall vegetables with warming fall spices. The smell of the nutmeg roaming through my apartment was definitely a summer is over pick-me-up.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 small Butternut squash (peeled and cut into chunks)
- whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- olive oil
- salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place vegetables in bowl and mix with olive oil. Mix seasonings in small bowl, then mix into vegetables.
3. Place vegetables onto foiled baking sheet.
4. Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until browned.