- 2 lbs turkey or chicken sausage meat (remove if in casing)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bunch kale , cut into thin strips
- 1 onion, chopped
- 4 celery stalks, sliced thinly
- 4 carrots, sliced thinly
- 8 oz quartered mushrooms (optional)
- 30 0z. Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 cups fat free chicken stock
- 4 cups water
- 2 pinchs dried red pepper flakes
- olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- shaved parmesean cheese (optional)
1. Place 8 quart pot over Medium High heat. Add sausage meat and cook until browned. When cooked through add garlic, onion, carrots and celery. Sauté for approx. 5 min until onions are soft.
2. Add mushrooms, chicken stock, water, red pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook for 5 min then turn heat to low, add beans and cover. Cook for 10 min.
3. Then stir in kale, cover and cook for another 20min.
4. Serve with cheese and crusted bread.