Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 zucchini
- 1 red pepper
- small packed sliced mushrooms
- 1 small yellow onion
- 1 tbs crushed garlic
- 1 can diced tomatoes (Italian herb if available)
- hot pepper flakes, dried oregano or basil
- salt and pepper
1. Put over to 350 degrees. Take fork and poke holes all over spaghetti squash. Put squash on roasting pan in oven for 80 minutes. Halfway through flip squash.
2. Dice zucchini, pepper and onion.
3. When spaghetti squash is cooked remove from oven and let cool. While it cools set stove to medium. Add a bit of oil, then garlic and onion to pan. Let simmer until fragrance starts. Add diced vegetables and cook for 5 minutes. Turn stove down to medium-low and add canned tomatoes. Keep cooking until liquid has evaporated. (While this is cooking add spiced to your taste.)
4. When spaghetti squash is cool enough to touch half lengthwise and scoop out seeds. Using a fork scrape lengthwise to remove flesh in long strands.
5. Mix spaghetti squash strands with sauce. Serve.