This Spanish Garlic Shrimp is by far one of my favourite dishes and it’s so simple to make. I use frozen raw peeled shrimp and dried cilantro (if I don’t have fresh) and it always comes out tasting delicious.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (thaw if using frozen raw shrimp)
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- pinch paprika
- salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro**
- Lime wedges for serving
- pre-cooked green vegetable (optional)
** If you decide to use dried herbs then add along with the paprika.
1. Heat oil, garlic and red pepper flakes over Medium High heat until garlic starts to brown.
2. Add shrimp. Saute for approx. 3 minutes until opaque. Halfway through add paprika, and salt & pepper to taste.
3. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
I like to add extra chilli flakes to make it spicier. Right as the shrimp is done I toss in steamed broccoli, or defrosted peas for a quicker go-to meal.