Cook time: 1 hour
- olive oil
- balsamic vinegar
- sea salt
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Chop off bottom of artichoke, then top to expose petals.
3. Separate petals. Drizzle olive oil and balsamic vinegar inside petals, then sprinkle with sea salt. [Use your fingers to get inside petals.]
4. Stuff minced garlic in between petals.
5. Wrap artichoke in a double layer of aluminium foil. Seal tight.
6. Place on oven rack and bake. A regular sized artichoke will take 1 hour. For a jumbo artichoke cook 75 minutes.
7. Remove wrapped artichoke and let cool before opening foil.
28 oz quartered artichokes in brine, or water (brine will have more flavor)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup avocado oil or EVOO
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Optional: minced pimento peppers or olives
1. Drain artichokes. Dry between paper towels to remove excess liquid.
2. Add all ingredients to food processor or magic bullet. Blend until creamy.
3. Drizzle oil on top before serving.
Optional: garnish with minced peppers/olives
- 2 6oz. jars of marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sharp cheddar, shredded
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- a dash of Tabasco
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- cooking spray
1. Preheat oven to 325 F. Spray a 9 inch baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
2. Add the juice from one jar of artichokes to a small skillet with the onions and garlic. Saute over Medium High heat until onions are translucent, approx. 4 min. Set aside.
3. Take the artichokes out of both jars and chop them, discard the juice from the second jar. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, add the Tabasco and breadcrumbs and stir. Stir in the artichokes, onions/garlic and cheese.
4. Pour into baking pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool then cut into squares. Serve warm or at room temperature.
put in pan
cut into squares