Ingredients (serves 4)
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 lb. zucchini
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
1. Trim the ends of each zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise and then chop into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
2. In a large pan heat olive oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté until browning, approx. 2 minutes. Add zucchini and toss occasionally until tender, approx 5 minutes.
3. Mix. in basil and cook for another minute. Salt and pepper. Serve.
Extra: If you want to make a larger and more colorful side dish add tomato. Toss in 2 large chopped tomatoes, or a pint of cherry tomatoes, a few minutes before zucchini is finished cooking.
These egg muffins are awesome for a to-go breakfast. One batch lasted me a week- I ate 2 muffins a day at work. I made these paleo friendly; however, you can easily add any ingredients you want like shredded cheese or chopped bacon to the mixture. Chopped broccoli with shredded cheddar would probably be delicious.
- 12 eggs
- 24 grape tomatoes
- fresh basil
- olive oil or coconut oil
- salt, pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin with oil.
2. Chop basil
3. Whisk together eggs and basil in a large bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Drop 2 grape tomatoes into each muffin tin. Then pour mixture. Divide evenly among the 12 muffin tins.
5. Cook for 25 minutes. Serve with sliced avocado, hot sauce, or goat/feta cheese (non-paleo.)