Carving a pumpkin for Halloween? Make Pumpkin Butter with your leftover pumpkin guts. Butter can be used like jam and is great on toast!
Cook time: Approximately 40 minutes
- 3.5 cups pumpkin guts, puréed OR canned pumpkin
- 3/4 cups apple juice (fresh is best)
- 1.5 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
If making pumpkin purée fresh:
1. Remove seeds from pumpkin and put aside. Then use hands/sharp spoon to remove pumpkin guts and purée them in food processor.
2. Put all ingredients in medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil.
3. Turn heat down to low and let mixture simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
4. Transfer thickened mixture to jar and refrigerate until ready to eat.
* Let mixture simmer until thickened. May take more than 30 minutes.
Chia seeds will expand, soften, and absorb the liquid, creating a gummy-like pudding.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- optional: 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- Garnish: raspberries or blueberries
1. In a bowl, stir together all ingredients (except fruit.) Let sit for 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
2. Scoop into serving dish and top with berries.
These egg muffins are awesome for a to-go breakfast. One batch lasted me a week- I ate 2 muffins a day at work. I made these paleo friendly; however, you can easily add any ingredients you want like shredded cheese or chopped bacon to the mixture. Chopped broccoli with shredded cheddar would probably be delicious.
- 12 eggs
- 24 grape tomatoes
- fresh basil
- olive oil or coconut oil
- salt, pepper
1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease muffin tin with oil.
2. Chop basil
3. Whisk together eggs and basil in a large bowl. Season with salt & pepper.
4. Drop 2 grape tomatoes into each muffin tin. Then pour mixture. Divide evenly among the 12 muffin tins.
5. Cook for 25 minutes. Serve with sliced avocado, hot sauce, or goat/feta cheese (non-paleo.)