Great fall soup. Easy to make, although time consuming, and very filing.
Makes: 2 quarts
- 1 large butternut squash (about 6 cups cubed)
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 granny smith apple (peeled, cored, and cubed)
- 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (chopped)
- 6 ounces of crisped bacon (chopped)
- 2 tsp Paprika
1. Put squash, carrots, apple, garlic, coconut milk, chicken stock and paprika in a large pot. Turn heat setting to low. Cook for 4-6 hours.
2. Use immersion blender or food processor to puree soup once it is finished cooking.
3. Garnish with chopped bacon and jalapeño.
Now that Fall is officially here I decided to start cooking all the delicious and lumpy fall vegetables with warming fall spices. The smell of the nutmeg roaming through my apartment was definitely a summer is over pick-me-up.
- 1 lb Brussels sprouts
- 1 small Butternut squash (peeled and cut into chunks)
- whole garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- olive oil
- salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
2. Place vegetables in bowl and mix with olive oil. Mix seasonings in small bowl, then mix into vegetables.
3. Place vegetables onto foiled baking sheet.
4. Bake for approx. 30 minutes or until browned.