I was so excited to use my new food processor (I’m a first timer) and I realized just how amazing the little machine is.
- 1 cup cooked, riced cauliflower
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- olive oil
- Toppings: pizza sauce, cheese, precooked vegetables, meats of your choice (I used green peppers, mushrooms, sliced olives, and pepperoni slices.)
- Condiments (optional): red pepper flakes, garlic powder, dried oregeno
1. “Rice” the Cauliflower: Take 1 large head of cauliflower, remove stems and leaves, and chop the florets into chunks. Add to food processor and pulse until it looks like grain. Do not over-do pulse or you will puree it. Put the riced cauliflower into a bowl and microwave for 8 minutes (some microwaves are more powerful than others, so you may need to reduce this cooking time). ** You only need 1 cup of cauliflower for this recipe but the rest can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
Make the Pizza Crust:
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
3. In a medium bowl, stir together 1 cup cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Add oregano, crushed garlic and garlic salt, mix. Transfer to the cookie sheet, and using your hands, pat out into a 9″ round. Brush olive oil over top.
4. Bake at 450 degrees for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from oven. To the crust, add sauce, toppings and cheese. Place under a broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted (approximately 3-4 minutes).