I just got home from a long trip and was ransacking through my cupboards to find something easy to make for dinner and I quickly pulled together this chicken dip. I ate it with tortilla chips, which is what I had in my house, but can be served as a dip, sandwich filling or over a salad.
- 1 12.5oz can white chunk chicken in water, drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- optional: 1/2 avocado and/or jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 jar salsa
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro (or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon dried cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- salt & pepper
- Serve with chips, crackers, in a wrap, or over a bed of lettuce.
1. Mix together all ingredients into a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Tip: To make it fancier sauté the chicken in a pan until it starts to brown before mixing together the ingredients.