Cook time approx: 25 minutes
- 1lb Shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and torn into pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 3 large garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
1. Heat over to 375 degrees.
2. Put all ingredients for Chermoula in a big bowl, mix well. Add shrimp and toss to coat.
3. Lightly grease 9 x 13 baking dish with EVOO. Lay kale leaves in a layer on baking dish. Sprinkle with EVOO.
4. Dump shrimp on top of kale and arrange in layer. Drizzle any remaining Chermoula on top.5. Place in over and bake for 20-25 minutes, until shrimp is pink. Serve.
This Spanish Garlic Shrimp is by far one of my favourite dishes and it’s so simple to make. I use frozen raw peeled shrimp and dried cilantro (if I don’t have fresh) and it always comes out tasting delicious.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined (thaw if using frozen raw shrimp)
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- red pepper flakes
- pinch paprika
- salt, pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro**
- Lime wedges for serving
- pre-cooked green vegetable (optional)
** If you decide to use dried herbs then add along with the paprika.
1. Heat oil, garlic and red pepper flakes over Medium High heat until garlic starts to brown.
2. Add shrimp. Saute for approx. 3 minutes until opaque. Halfway through add paprika, and salt & pepper to taste.
3. Garnish with fresh cilantro and lime wedges.
I like to add extra chilli flakes to make it spicier. Right as the shrimp is done I toss in steamed broccoli, or defrosted peas for a quicker go-to meal.