I’m completely obsessed with Sweet Corn this summer and this salad is the perfect healthy way to enjoy the vegetable as either a side dish or a snack.
- 1 package chopped kale, or 1 bunch kale
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 ears of corn
- mashed or chopped garlic
- olive oil, salt
- lime (optional)
1. Put chopped kale into large bowl. Use your hand to mash avocado with kale leaves. (A bit messy but softens the kale leaves.)
2. Cut kernels off of corn.
3. Add garlic and 1 tablespoon oil to skillet (medium-high heat.) Sauté until garlic starts to brown. Add corn. Sauté until corn starts to char.
4. Mix corn into kale. Sprinkle with sale. Sprinkle with lime juice (optional)
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 15 ears of corn
- 1/3 lime juice
- 4 oz fresh basil leaves
- 24 oz cherry heirloom tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 table spoons minced thyme
- olive oil, salt and pepper
Grilled radicchio (optional) – chop
cut corn off stalk
thin basil strips
thinly slice onions
1. Char grill corn
2. Once corn has cooled cut kernels off, put in large bowl.
3. Chiffonade basil (roll bunch of opened leaves then slice thinly. Add to bowl.
4. Cut tomatoes in half. Add to bowl.
5. Cut onion in half, then cut into thin slices. Put slices in coriander and put under cold running water for a few minutes. Pat dry. [This makes onions less dry.] Add to bowl.
6. Pour lime juice over vegetables, then add olive oil (pour heavy for 5 seconds.) Add salt.
7. Add minced thyme, then pepper.
8. Mix and taste. Add more salt, pepper, oil or lime juice to taste.
9. Let sit for a little while for flavors to settle.