Cook time: approx. 45 minutes
- 2 cups chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 plum tomatos, chopped
- 2 15-ounce cans pumpkin purée
- 32 oz vegetable broth
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 head of broccoli, cut into pieces and pre-steamed
- 2 pound shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- olive oil
- Cilantro (garnish)
- Lime zest (garnish)
- Serve with Quinoa (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Add onion and ginger. Cook until soft, stirring occasionally- about 8 minutes.
2. Add garlic- cook for 1 minute.
3. Add tomato and pumpkin purée. Stir frequently until pumpkin is golden brown, about 10 minutes.
4. Add broth, coconut milk, curry powder, and cayenne pepper- simmer for 20 minutes.
5. Add shrimp, broccoli and lime juice. Simmer until shrimp are cooked and broccoli is warmed through.
6. Serve over quinoa (optional). Top with cilantro and lime zest.