Chia seeds will expand, soften, and absorb the liquid, creating a gummy-like pudding.
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- sprinkle of ground cinnamon
- optional: 1 teaspoon honey or agave
- Garnish: raspberries or blueberries
1. In a bowl, stir together all ingredients (except fruit.) Let sit for 15 minutes or refrigerate overnight.
2. Scoop into serving dish and top with berries.
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal (or any paleo meal)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pie spice
Out of Oven
1. Preheat oven to 450˚ F.
2. Mix together all the liquid ingredients in one bowl and the dry ingredients in another. Slowly pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients while stirring until completely combined.
3. Spray a 10″ pie plate or pan with oil, then put the mix into it. Leave at least 1/4 inch between the batter and the top of the pie plate. Smooth the top of the pie with a spatula.
4. Bake pie in oven for 15 minutes. Then reduce the heat to 375˚ F and bake for 30 more minutes.
5. Cool completely before cutting and serving. Serve with coconut or almond milk vanilla ice cream. (Pie stays well in fridge.)