28 oz quartered artichokes in brine, or water (brine will have more flavor)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup avocado oil or EVOO
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Optional: minced pimento peppers or olives
1. Drain artichokes. Dry between paper towels to remove excess liquid.
2. Add all ingredients to food processor or magic bullet. Blend until creamy.
3. Drizzle oil on top before serving.
Optional: garnish with minced peppers/olives
I just got home from a long trip and was ransacking through my cupboards to find something easy to make for dinner and I quickly pulled together this chicken dip. I ate it with tortilla chips, which is what I had in my house, but can be served as a dip, sandwich filling or over a salad.
- 1 12.5oz can white chunk chicken in water, drained
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- optional: 1/2 avocado and/or jalapeno, chopped
- 1/2 jar salsa
- 2 tablespoons dried cilantro (or fresh)
- 1 tablespoon dried cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon EVOO
- salt & pepper
- Serve with chips, crackers, in a wrap, or over a bed of lettuce.
1. Mix together all ingredients into a bowl. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Tip: To make it fancier sauté the chicken in a pan until it starts to brown before mixing together the ingredients.
I brought this dip to a Superbowl party with chips. It’s nice and spicy but if you want it more mild use less jalapeno.
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups mild salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- chopped cilantro (garnish)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add some oil and sauté the chopped onion and garlic for about 6 minutes. While this is cooking remove seeds from jalapeno and chop finely. Add in the chopped jalapeno and sauté for another few minutes.
2. Add in the drained and rinsed black beans, salsa, and corn. Stir well and cook for 3 min. Then add the chili powder, cumin, and salt, and cook on low until heated through.
3. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
** Can be made in advance and re-heated