I had been wanting to make Fish and Green Beans with Wasabi Mayonnaise for months now so I’m happy I finally made it. The panko crust was flaky and delicious paired with the wasabi mayo, which I made extra spicy for my taste. I chose to make green beans as well as sweet potato as a side. The crusted sweet potato reminded me of sweet potato fries, so sort of like fish a chips. Yum.
This is a really easy meal with not a lot of ingredients or prep. I simply put Cajun seasoning (store bought) onto of tilapia (any white fish would work). I paired this with canned black-eyes peas that I heated up on the stove. I also sautéed collards, chopped tomatoes and onions as a second side.
- white fish (1 filet per person)
- cajun seasoning
- 1 large can black-eyes peas
- small onion chopped
- 1 large tomato chopped
- 1 bunch collard greens
- olive oil
1. Rinse and strain black-eyed peas
2. Chop collard greens. Put pot on medium-high heat. Place a little bit of water in pot then add greens.
3. Spread seasoning over both sides of fish
4. When collards are almost cooked through add chopped tomatoes and onions.
5. Put beans in microwave or over stove top to cook.
6. Put pan on medium-high heat. Add 1tbs olive oil, then fish. Cook a few minutes on each side until cooked through.
7. Place all food on plate. Serve with lemon wedges.