- Vegetable oil, salt and pepper
- 2 cups chopped broccoli
- 1/2 chopped zucchini
- 1 chopped bell pepper (any color or mixed)
- 1 cup chopped mushrooms (any kind)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 small tomatoes sliced thinly
- 12 eggs, beaten
- 1/3 cup milk (I used Coconut milk)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (I used Italian blend: parm, mozz, swiss, provolone) ** Feel free to use any vegetables you like. Just roast or sauté the veggies before they go into the oven Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly spray a 2 or 3-quart baking dish with cooking spray. (2 quart dish will have thicker frittata)
2. In a large skillet or frying pan, heat oil over medium high heat. Add vegetables and garlic; saute until tender. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, milk, 1 cup cheese, salt, pepper.
4. Spread vegetables evenly in dish. Then pour the egg mixture into the dish.
5. Thinly slice tomatoes and arrange on top of the egg mixture. Sprinkle more cheese over the top and bake in the oven until set, about 35 minutes. If desired, place under the broiler for 2-3 minutes to brown the top.
6. Allow the frittata to come to room temperature before serving. Also makes a great leftover.