- 2 bunches broccoli rabe, stalks trimmed, then quarter
- 12 oz. orecchiette pasta
- 1 lb. spicy Italian sausage
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 punch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
1. Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook broccoli rabe for 1 minute then remove- keep water.
2. Cook the orecchiette in the same boiling water until tender but still firm to bite, approx. 8 min. Reserve 1 cup of water before straining.
3. SAME TIME- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the sausage and cook breaking up with a spoon until browned, approx. 8 min.
4. Add garlic and red pepper flakes, cook for 30 seconds.
5. Add broccoli rabe and toss to coat.
6. Add pasta and reserved cooking water, 1/4 cup at a time, until reached desired moisture.
7. Add Parmesan cheese, stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve warm or at room temperature.
A simple but delicious pasta dish that’s perfect for a regular night in or a dinner party.