- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper
1. Mix together marinade ingredients. Coat the tuna steaks, cover, and let marinate out for 30 minutes.
2. Heat pan over high heat. Sear tuna steaks for 2 minutes on each side. Serve.
Note: Cook time for medium rare steaks approx. 1.5 inches thick. Cook time depends on size of steak and how rare you want it.
I brought this dip to a Superbowl party with chips. It’s nice and spicy but if you want it more mild use less jalapeno.
- 3 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 3 cups cooked black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups mild salsa
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 4 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp cumin, ground
- chopped cilantro (garnish)
1. In a large skillet over medium heat, add some oil and sauté the chopped onion and garlic for about 6 minutes. While this is cooking remove seeds from jalapeno and chop finely. Add in the chopped jalapeno and sauté for another few minutes.
2. Add in the drained and rinsed black beans, salsa, and corn. Stir well and cook for 3 min. Then add the chili powder, cumin, and salt, and cook on low until heated through.
3. Serve warm with tortilla chips. Garnish with fresh cilantro.
** Can be made in advance and re-heated