Makes: 2 quarts
- 1 large butternut squash (about 6 cups cubed)
- 1 can (14 ounces) coconut milk
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 granny smith apple (peeled, cored, and cubed)
- 4 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 2 jalapeño peppers (chopped)
- 6 ounces of crisped bacon (chopped)
- 2 tsp Paprika
1. Put squash, carrots, apple, garlic, coconut milk, chicken stock and paprika in a large pot. Turn heat setting to low. Cook for 4-6 hours.
2. Use immersion blender or food processor to puree soup once it is finished cooking.
3. Garnish with chopped bacon and jalapeño.