Ingredients (serves 4)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 12 oz sliced Cremini mushrooms
- 32 oz low-sodium chicken stock
- 16 oz water
- 4 oz dried Porcini mushrooms (or mixed medley including porcini)
- 7 oz Enoki mushroom (can be found at Asian markets)
- 6 green onions (sliced)
- 4 fried eggs (optional)
- red pepper flakes (use a lot if you like it spicy)
1. Season the chicken with the salt and the pepper.
2. Heat a large pot over medium heat. Add olive oil then chicken and cover. Cook approx. 10 min until starting to brown.
3. Reduce the heat to low and remove the chicken with a slotted spoon, placing it in a bowl.
4. Add the shallot, garlic and Cremini mushrooms. Cover and cook until the mushrooms soften, approx. 7 minutes.
5. Add the stock, water, and chicken. Bring to a boil.
6. Add the dried mushrooms and Enoki mushroom. Cook for 10 minutes. Add in the green onions and red pepper flakes.
7. Serve the soup with an egg on top.