Ingredients (serves 2-3)
6-8 large shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
3/4 lbs snow peas, trimmed
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbs vegetable or olive oil
Sesame seeds to garnish
1. Combine soy sauce and sesame oil with 2 tbs of water in a small bowl.
2. Heat large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbs of oil. When the oil is hot add mushrooms and stir for 3 minutes.
3. Add remaining oil, snow peas and pinch of salt. Stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add soy/sesame mixture and cool for 2 minutes, until peas are crisp/tender.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
3 cloves garlic, chopped
4 cups oyster mushroom, or another wild mushroom
Dry sherry wine, 3 tablespoons
Low sodium soy sauce, 1.5 tablespoons
1. In large skillet heat oil and garlic for 1 min.
2. Add mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes until mushrooms are tender.
3. Add sherry and soy sauce.
4. Once simmering start adding spinach. Continue adding and stirring until all spinach is wilted. Serve.
Cook time: Approx. 20 min
Ingredients (serves 3)
- 1 pound fresh shiitake mushrooms, stems trimmed, caps thinly sliced
- 2 heads of kale or swiss chard (rinsed, stems cut from center of leaves, leaves cut into 1-inch-wide)
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1/2 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbs chopped garlic
- red pepper flakes
- salt, pepper, olive oil
1. Heat large skilled in high heat. Add oil. When oil is hot add mushroom, salt and pepper. Cook mushrooms approx. 10 min until browned. Transfer to bowl.
2. Add broth to skillet. Add greens and cook until wilted. Transfer to mushroom bowl.
3. Turn stove to medium-high. Add oil. Add onions and cook until browning, approx. 5 min. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Then add mushrooms and greens. Heat through and season with salt and pepper.