I officially have a two month countdown until I head to Croatia for Yacht Week, when I need to look and feel amazing. I’ve decided that the best way to get back into eating well is to eat Paleo again. While it’s difficult for me to cut out breads and cheeses it will be completely worth it to feel amazing about myself this summer.
- 2lbs frozen shrimp (option to have shells on or removed)
- 1 zucchini (sliced into small pieces)
- 1 red pepper (sliced into small pieces)
- 1 broccoli head (florets only, chopped)
- 1 container sliced white mushrooms
- small bunch spinach or kale leaves (chopped)
- 5 14 oz cans of Light Coconut Milk (if you can find light)
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Aminos (or soy sauce for un-paleo)
- 2 tablespoon Coconut Vinegar (or regular)
- Curry powder (I used Malabar Hot Curry)
- ground pepper
This recipe is great because you can tweak it however you want. One of my favorite dishes is red curry shrimp from Thai restaurants so I was excited to mock the dish into my own creation. I don’t have red curry at home so I substituted for Malabar Hot Curry, which I do have. This gave the soup a more Indian vibe but I kept the original vegetables I love in Thai red curry- red pepper, zucchini, mushrooms, broccoli and I added kale instead of spinach.
Feel free to use whichever vegetables you wish, and whichever curry powder or paste. Make your soup unique! Also feel free to add less coconut milk to make it a sauce instead. Pour over quinoa or brown rice to keep it healthy. Enjoy.
1. Add all ingredients except for shrimp, curry and pepper into pot. Add curry powder until coconut milk is tinted that color. Let simmer then cook for 5 minutes.
2. Add more curry to taste. Then add shrimp, kale/spinach, and sprinkle pepper. Cook until shrimp are pink. Serve. *I used a good amount of curry powder to give the dish a real kick