This is my cousins recipe and it is delicious. Baby kale is just a little bitter and has a great taste especially when mixed with the Brussels Sprouts. The roasted almonds add a nice crunch and the tangy dressing compliments the cheese perfectly. A great side salad especially when paired with a pasta dish.
Ingredients (serves 6)
- 2 packs baby kale
- 2 lbs Brussels sprouts
- 2 large shallots (minced small) – approx. 1/4 cup
- 2 lemons juiced – approx. 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- raw almonds – approx. 1/2 cup
- olive oil, salt, pepper
1. Shred Brussels Sprouts with knife.
2. De-stem kale, add to large bowl with sprouts.
3. Make dressing: mix lemon juice and shallots. Whisk olive oil in slowly to emulsify. Salt and pepper.
4. Dress salad. Salad can sit for minutes or hours dressed.
5. Grate parmesan cheese.
6. Chop almonds into pieces. Roast almond pieces in oil until browned. Leave nuts on paper towel to remove excess oil. Salt.
6. Put nuts and cheese on salad. Mix up with metal tongs.