I just made this dish yesterday to bring with my to a BBQ and it was the only dish that was scrapped clean. It’s relatively cheap to make, you can substitute any vegetables for those that you like, and it doesn’t take more than an hour with cooking time. It’s also great to make at home since the leftovers are delicious cold or hot.
Ingredients (serving size: side dish for party)
Use any vegetables that you like roasted. Some options: zucchini, squash, eggplant, pepper, onion, etc.
- 18 oz uncooked quinoa (regular or mixed variety)
- 1 box chicken broth
- 4 zucchinis
- 3 yellow squash
- 1 red onion
- 2 peppers (not green)
- 3 limes
- bunch of basil
- grilled radicchio (optional)
- mozzarella (optional)
- olive oil, salt, pepper
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees.
2. Cook quinoa according to package directions. Substitute half of water needed for chicken broth.
3. Chop all vegetables. Mix on baking sheets with olive oil, salt and pepper. Put in oven for approx. 20min or until roasted.
3.1. Grill radicchio, then chop (optional)
4. Chiffonade basil and juice limes. Set aside.
4.1 Chop mozzarella into small pieces (optional)
5. When vegetables are done let them cool for a few minutes.
6. Mix together quinoa, vegetables (remember to scrape the pan to get all the browned goodness,) basil, lime juice. Drizzle with olive oil and mix. Salt and pepper to taste. Lastly, if you are using cheese mix it in.