Ingredients (serves 4)
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 lb. zucchini
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
1. Trim the ends of each zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise and then chop into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
2. In a large pan heat olive oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté until browning, approx. 2 minutes. Add zucchini and toss occasionally until tender, approx 5 minutes.
3. Mix. in basil and cook for another minute. Salt and pepper. Serve.
Extra: If you want to make a larger and more colorful side dish add tomato. Toss in 2 large chopped tomatoes, or a pint of cherry tomatoes, a few minutes before zucchini is finished cooking.
This is my new favourite appetizer. I order these peppers whenever I see them on a menu so today when I was walking past a farmers market and saw them I decided it was time to cook them myself. They’re incredibly easy to make. All you need is the peppers, olive oil and salt.
- Shishito peppers – as many as you want
- Olive oil
Saute until charred
Remove excess oil
1. Pour a good amount of oil into a hot pan.
2. When oil is hot add peppers. Toss in pan for approx. 3 minutes. You want to make sure all sides of the peppers get cooked/charred.
3. I like to lay peppers on paper towel to remove excess oil.
Ingredients (serves 4) Time: 25 minutes
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 firm apple, cored and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 large onion, sliced thinly
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- olive oil, salt and pepper
- wax paper and meat mallot
1. Place each chicken-breast half between 2 sheets of wax paper and pound with a meat mallet until about ¾ inch thick.
2. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Sauté the chicken approx. 3 minutes per side until golden.
3. Add the apple, apple juice, onion, garlic, thyme, salt and pepper. Simmer, covered 6-8 minutes, until chicken is tender.
4. Remove the chicken, apple slices, and onion to a serving plate and keep warm.
5. Bring the sauce to a boil until slightly reduced, about 5 minutes. Whisk in the mustard. Pour the sauce over the chicken. Serve.