- small onion, chopped
- 4 cups broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 1/2 cup craisins or raisins
- 1 cup roasted almonds, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
1. Place medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil then add onions, salt and pepper. Cook stirring occasionally until softened and starting to brown, approx. 3 minutes.
2. Add chicken broth. When it starts to boil turn heat down to medium. Add broccoli and craisins. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until broccoli is tender.
3. Stir in cooked quinoa and let cook for another minute.
4. Remove from heat and stir in almonds. Salt and pepper to taste.
Ingredients (serves 2-3)
6-8 large shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
3/4 lbs snow peas, trimmed
1 tsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sesame oil
2 tbs vegetable or olive oil
Sesame seeds to garnish
1. Combine soy sauce and sesame oil with 2 tbs of water in a small bowl.
2. Heat large skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbs of oil. When the oil is hot add mushrooms and stir for 3 minutes.
3. Add remaining oil, snow peas and pinch of salt. Stir for 30 seconds.
4. Add soy/sesame mixture and cool for 2 minutes, until peas are crisp/tender.
5. Garnish with sesame seeds and serve.
28 oz quartered artichokes in brine, or water (brine will have more flavor)
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup avocado oil or EVOO
4 tbsp fresh lemon juice
Optional: minced pimento peppers or olives
1. Drain artichokes. Dry between paper towels to remove excess liquid.
2. Add all ingredients to food processor or magic bullet. Blend until creamy.
3. Drizzle oil on top before serving.
Optional: garnish with minced peppers/olives
1 lb Brussels sprouts, sliced
1/4 cup roasted almonds, chopped
1/2 lemon, juiced
Olive oil, salt and pepper
1. Heat pan over medium heat, add oil
2. Add Brussels sprouts, season with salt and pepper
3. Sauté until crispy, 3-5 min
4. Remove from heat. Stir in almonds and lemon juice. Serve.