If you’re like me and you love a simple seafood dish with the bright citrus taste of lemon, and paired with healthy green vegetables then you’ll love Lemon-Herb Shrimp with Basmati Rice. The herbs and garlic with the lemon bring a great kick to the shrimp and rice.
It’s the start of spring and it’s time to start eating healthier. Tonight I made Spring Stir Fried Chicken with Sugar Snap Peas and Carrots . I added mushrooms (which I love) and voila- healthy Chinese food, perfect for the approaching bathing suit weather.
Feel free to add any veggies that have a similar cooking time as snow peas.
Cut chicken into thin strips
Mix chicken and sauce into wok for 30 seconds
Sprinkle scallions on top of dish for serving
- 12 ounces penne rigate (ridged)
- 1 pound peeled and deveined frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1 pound asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces snow peas, trimmed and halved on the diagonal
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (preferably extra-virgin)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup crumbled feta
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mint leaves
- salt and pepper
1. In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook penne 5 minutes less than al dente. Add asparagus; cook 3 minutes. Add shrimp and snow peas; cook 2 minutes. Reserve 1/2 cup pasta water; drain pasta mixture, and return to pot.
2. Add oil, lemon juice, garlic, and 1/4 cup reserved pasta water to pasta mixture. Season with salt and pepper, and toss. Mix in feta and mint- use more pasta water as needed. Serve.