Ingredients (serves 4)
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 lb. zucchini
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
1. Trim the ends of each zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise and then chop into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
2. In a large pan heat olive oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté until browning, approx. 2 minutes. Add zucchini and toss occasionally until tender, approx 5 minutes.
3. Mix. in basil and cook for another minute. Salt and pepper. Serve.
Extra: If you want to make a larger and more colorful side dish add tomato. Toss in 2 large chopped tomatoes, or a pint of cherry tomatoes, a few minutes before zucchini is finished cooking.
Ingredients (serves 8)
- 15 ears of corn
- 1/3 lime juice
- 4 oz fresh basil leaves
- 24 oz cherry heirloom tomatoes
- 1 red onion
- 2 table spoons minced thyme
- olive oil, salt and pepper
Grilled radicchio (optional) – chop
cut corn off stalk
thin basil strips
thinly slice onions
1. Char grill corn
2. Once corn has cooled cut kernels off, put in large bowl.
3. Chiffonade basil (roll bunch of opened leaves then slice thinly. Add to bowl.
4. Cut tomatoes in half. Add to bowl.
5. Cut onion in half, then cut into thin slices. Put slices in coriander and put under cold running water for a few minutes. Pat dry. [This makes onions less dry.] Add to bowl.
6. Pour lime juice over vegetables, then add olive oil (pour heavy for 5 seconds.) Add salt.
7. Add minced thyme, then pepper.
8. Mix and taste. Add more salt, pepper, oil or lime juice to taste.
9. Let sit for a little while for flavors to settle.