- 2 tuna steaks
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, minced
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- A handful of flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- Salt & pepper
1. Mix together marinade ingredients. Coat the tuna steaks, cover, and let marinate out for 30 minutes.
2. Heat pan over high heat. Sear tuna steaks for 2 minutes on each side. Serve.
Note: Cook time for medium rare steaks approx. 1.5 inches thick. Cook time depends on size of steak and how rare you want it.
Ingredients (for 2 steaks)
- 1 tbsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. coriander
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
1. Mix spices on a plate. Pat dry tuna steaks and press them onto the rub. Spread rub to cover all sides.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a pan over Medium High heat. Cook steaks for 1.5 minutes on each side. Serve.
Steaks should come out rare in the center.