Cook time: 10 minutes
- 2 lb. zucchini
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Sea salt & fresh ground pepper
1. Trim the ends of each zucchini. Cut in half lengthwise and then chop into slices about 1/2 inch thick.
2. In a large pan heat olive oil. Add onions and garlic and sauté until browning, approx. 2 minutes. Add zucchini and toss occasionally until tender, approx 5 minutes.
3. Mix. in basil and cook for another minute. Salt and pepper. Serve.
Extra: If you want to make a larger and more colorful side dish add tomato. Toss in 2 large chopped tomatoes, or a pint of cherry tomatoes, a few minutes before zucchini is finished cooking.